Dr. Kusum is a renowned Gynecologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon, with experience in PGI Chandigarh, AIIMS New Delhi & PGIMS Rohtak.
She completed her post-graduation (MD) in Obstetrics & Gynecology from prestigious apex institute PGIMER, Chandigarh. She has been trained from All India Institute of Medical Science and served as a consultant in AIIMS, New Delhi and treated many women with every kind of gynecological problem. She has also served as a faculty in PGIMS Rohtak.
She is experienced in managing high-risk cases in Obstetrics and Gynecology, infertility and adolescent health issues.
Her exceptional skills and training in laparoscopy makes her one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in India. She has previously worked as a consultant in Max Saket and Paras Hospitals and has excelled in all spheres of women’s health.
Degree: MBBS Panjab University, Chandigarh (2008); MD Panjab University, PGIMER, Chandigarh (2012); DNB National Board of Examinations (2013)
Experience: 10+ years
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Endometriosis surgery
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic encerclage for incompetent cervix
- Hysteroscopic surgeries for infertility
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
Tuesday 09:00 am – 11:00 am
Tuesday 01:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Thursday 08:00 am – 01:00 pm
Saturday 02:00 pm – 07:00 pm
Publications (Indexed Journals)
- Kusum Lata, Amenda Ann Davis, Vandana Sehrawat, Akshita Panwar, Isha Kriplani, and Alka Kriplani.Journal of Gynecologic Surgery.ahead of printhttp://doi.org/10.1089/gyn.2021.0170Universal Laparoscopic Approach with Emphasis on Ovarian Preservation and Use of Indigenous Bags for Spillage Free Removal of Dermoid Cysts: Update on Technique
- Panwar A,Lata K, Davis AA, Kriplani A Spilled Gallstones as an Unusual Cause of Infertility: Laparoscopic Management.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2020 Apr 4:S1553-4650(20)30135-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2020.03.008. Online ahead of print.PMID: 32259652
- Davis AA, Lata K, Panwar A, Kriplani A Unexpected rupture of an expectantly managed tubal ectopic pregnancy: a reminder for enhanced diligence..BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Dec 29;12(12):e230876. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2019-230876.PMID: 31888919
- Lata K, Davis AA, Panwar A, Kriplani I, Sharma S, Kriplani A. Laparoscopic Excision of Cesarean Scar Ectopic Pregnancy..J Obstet Gynaecol India. 2020 Oct;70(5):397-401. doi: 10.1007/s13224-020-01325-5. Epub 2020 Jun 3.PMID: 33041560
- Lata, K., Davis, A.A., Panwar, A. et al.Laparoscopic Management of Post-cesarean Uterovesical Abscess: A New Approach to an Old Problem. J Obstet Gynecol India (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13224-020-01396-4
- Lata, K, Panwar, A., Kriplani, I. et al.Intraoperative Dislodgment and Retrieval of Broken Parts of Laparoscopic Instruments: Arduous Exercise and Lessons Gleaned. J Obstet Gynecol India (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13224-020-01379-5
- Akshita Panwar, Kusum Lata, Seema Sharma, Isha Kriplani, Alka Kriplani, and Shantanu Singh Tomar. Non-Mesh Sacrocolpopexy as a Supplementary Procedure to Abdominal Radical Hysterectomy in Carcinoma Cervix Ib2 Coexisting with Procidentia. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery.ahea printhttp://doi.org/10.1089/gyn.2020.0071
- Kusum Lata, Amenda Ann Davis, Akshita Panwar, Isha Kriplani, and Alka Kriplani. An Unusual Case of Post-Cesarean Amenorrhea Due to Posterior Cervicoperitoneal Fistula: Biologic Plausibility and Laparoscopic Management.Journal of Gynecologic Surgery.ahead of printhttp://doi.org/10.1089/gyn.2020.0037
- Akshita Panwar, Alka Kriplani, Kusum Lata, Isha Kriplani, Seema Sharma, and Shantanu Singh Tomar. Laparoscopic Management of Interstitial Ectopic Pregnancy Coexistent with a Fibroid: A Cause or a Chance?Journal of Gynecologic Surgery.ahead of printhttp://doi.org/10.1089/gyn.2020.0042
- Panwar, Akshita; Davis, Amenda Ann; Lata, Kusum; Sharma, Seema; Kriplani, Alka (2020). Laparoscopic Management of Accessory Cavitated Uterine Mass: A Report of Two Cases and Review of Literature. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery, (), gyn.2020.0019–.doi:10.1089/gyn.2020.0019
- Lata K, Dutta P, Sridhar S, Rohilla M, Srinivasan A, Prashad GR, Shah VN, Bhansali A.Thyroid autoimmunity and obstetric outcomes in women with recurrent miscarriage: a case-control study. Endocr Connect. Jun 1, 2013; 2(2): 118–124. Published online Jun 22, 2013. doi: 1530/EC-13-0012
- Neeta Singh,Moumita Naha, Neena Malhotra, Kusum Lata,Abhinash Tiwari,P Vanamail. Comparison of GnRH agonist with GnRH antagonist in PCOS patients undergoing IVF cycle. Analysis of six years data from a single center and review of literature.Journal Of Human Reproductive Sciences. DOI: 10.4103/0974-1208.130852
- Neeta Singh, Kusum Lata,Moumita Naha, Neena Malhotra,,Abhinash Tiwari,P Vanamail. Effect of Endometriosis on implantation rates when compared to tubal factor in fresh non Donor IVF Cycles.under issue preparation in JHRS( Journal of Human Reproductive Science
- Lata K, Neerja Bhatla. HPV testing for cervical cancer screening – Time for a new paradigm. THE NATIONAL MEDICAL JOURNAL OF INDIA VOL. 27, NO. 4, 2014
- Singh N, Lata K, Malhotra N, Vanamail P.Correlation of Site of Embryo Transfer with IVF Outcome: Analysis of 743 Cycles from a Single Center.J Hum Reprod Sci. 2017 Apr-Jun;10(2):102-107. doi: 10.4103/jhrs.JHRS_54_15. PMID:28904498
- Kusum, Neerja Bhatla. Book Review on Colposcopy: Practice and atlas. Aruna Batra, Sudha Nigam, S.K. Das. The National Medical Journal Of India, Vol 27,No 6, 2014
- Upadhyay, M., Lata, K., Yadav, T.C. et al.Knowledge, Attitude and Perception of HIV/Aids Among Antenatal Women and its Correlation with their Socio-Demographic Profile: Study from a Tertiary Care Centre of Northern India. J Obstet Gynecol India (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13224-020-01422-5
- Lata, K., Panwar, A., Kriplani, I. et al.Endometrial Vascular Dystrophy and Isthmocele: Hysteroscopic Visual Enigma. J Obstet Gynecol India (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13224-021-01595-7
- Isha Kriplani, Vartika Srivastava, Kusum Bhardwaj, Namita Jain, Alka Kriplani, Laparoscopic Management of Partial Molar Caesarean Scar Ectopic Pregnancy, Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, 2022, ISSN 1553-4650, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2022.08.008.
- Panwar, Akshita & Lata, Kusum & Kriplani, Isha & Sharma, Seema & Kriplani, Alka. (2022). Role of Laparoscopic Transillumination Guidance During Hysteroscopic Metroplasty in Simplifying Surgical Management of Type II Robert’s Uterus. The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India. 10.1007/s13224-021-01609-4
Publications (In Non- Indexed Journals)
- Kusum lata, Jyoti All India Institute of medical Science, New Delhi. AOGD Bulletin volume 19. December 2019, monthly issue 8. Dedicated issue: SLE in pregnancy: An algorithmic approach. Page: 37-39.
- Gaima Patel, Kusum lata, Vidushi kulshrestha . All India Institute of medical Science, New Delhi. Emergency Contraception. AOGD Bulletin volume 19. November 2019, monthly issue 7. Dedicated issue: Contraception:. Page: 37-39.
- Kusum lata, Alka Kriplani. All India Institute of medical Science, New Delhi. Hirsutism. AOGD Bulletin volume 19. January 2020, monthly issue 9. Dedicated issue: Gyane Endocrinology .Page: 17-20.
- Vidisha; Daya Sirohiwal ; Roopa ; Kusum lata. Comparative study of serum calcium in preeclampsia and normal pregnancy at Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS. Rohtak (Haryana). International Journal of Healthcare & Biomedical Research 2019 Vol.7 No.2 pp.40-45
Won Best paper award in CUPART New Delhi in 2013 and awarded observer ship in Royal Victoria, McGill University Montreal, Canada, 2013.
National & Local Awards:
- Won Second prize in National Conference of Indian Menopause Society in Faridabad, Feb 2012.
- Won” Dr. U.P.Jha & Balkram Davan Gold Medal” for best paper in Gyne oncology at AOGD Conference held in New Delhi Sept 2013.
- Won “ Kuldeep Jain –BSVL” award for the best paper in IVF in National Conference of Indian Fertility Society held in New Delhi, Dec 2013.
- Won Third prize among ART category for paper presentation in FENIX 2015 at AIIMS.
- Participated in WHI( Women Health Initiative Training Program) on Gynecological Endoscopy in Oct 2013, AIIMS ,New Delhi.
- Won Gem award for excellent academic inputs in Max Superspeciality Hospital Saket, New Delhi
- Completed Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) Family Planning: An Online Evidence-based Course 2021.
- Presented E poster on Hysteroscopic Mechanical Morcellation of Submucous Fibroid: an Alternative to electrosurgical approach in Virtual conference of FERTIVISION 2020
- Presented Oral e abstract in FIGO 2021, Australia.
- Participated in the Pilot training for Interns for the undergraduate medical curriculum in context of comprehensive abortion care as a part of WHO CC –AIIMS activity
- Presented a paper on Laparoscopic management of isthmocele for restoration of fertility in conference Indian Fertility Society 7/12/2019, Delhi
- Lifetime member of FOGSI and Indian Fertility Society & AAGL