Senior Consultant, Urology
Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dr. (Col) Rajesh Khanna is a dedicated and resourceful urologist with over 29 years of ethical clinical and teaching experience. He personifies the best traditions of the Indian Armed Forces of leadership, team-building, discipline and service and is a recognized thought leader in endo-urology and uro-oncology.
He has attended more than 120 medical conferences as delegate, invited speaker and chairperson.
He has wide-ranging expertise in open urological surgery with special interest in endourology including URSL, PCNL, RIRS and TURP/BT having performed over 12,000 urological surgeries.
Dr. (Col) Khanna strongly focuses on the following areas:
- MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (1989)
- MS (General Surgery), AFMC, Pune (1998)
- DNB (General Surgery), NAMS, New Delhi (1998)
- FAIS, ASI (2003)
- FICS, ICS (2004)
- DNB (Genito Urinary Surgery), NAMS, Delhi (2006)
- MNAMS, NAMS, Delhi (2009)
Experience: 29 years (16 years in Urology)
He also has extensive experience in managing battle casualties at the Afghan border during the peak of the Afghan war and at Northern Command Hospital.
- Singh P, Singh AP, Sarup S, Batish VK, Khanna R. Choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle. MJAFI 1998; 54: 360-362.
- Singh P, Singh AP, Sarup S, Khanna R. Lumbar Intradural Disc Herniation: A Case Report. Neurology India 1999.
- Singh G, Khanna R. Aggressiveness-The Key to a Successful Outcome in Fournier’s Gangrene MJAFI 1999.
- Khanna R, Philipose KJ. Preoperative Evaluation Of Anal Fistulae- Does Fistulography Help? MJAFI 2000.
- Khanna R, Singh AK. Inguinal Hernia Surgery under Field Block Anaesthesia Our Experience. IJS 2001.
- Rao PR, Sandhu AS, Khanna R, Arora S. Hurthle Cell Adenoma in Thyroid A genesis. MJAFI 2004.
- Sandhu AS, Rao PR Khanna R, Arora S. Primary Idiopathic Segmental
Infarction of the Greater Omentum. MJAFI 2004.
- Khanna R, Sood R, Madhusoodanan P ,Sinha T, Sandhu AS, Gupta SK,
Pradhan AA, Kumar A, Sethi GS, Srivastava A. Multiple Vessel Renal
Transplant- Army Hospital (Research and Referral) Experience. Indian Journal of Urology, 2004, Vol 20, No 2:130-33.
- Khanna R, Gupta SK, Madhusoodanan P, Sandhu AS, Gupta SK, Pradhan AA,
Kumar A, Sethi GS, Srivastava A. Iatrogenic Secondary Urolithiasis-a case report. Indian Journal of Urology, 2004, Vol 20, No 2:187-88.
- Khanna R, Sood R, Madhusoodanan P ,Sinha T, Gupta SK, Sandhu AS, Sethi GS, Kumar A, Pradhan AA, Srivastava A. Artificial genitourinary sphincter for urinary incontinence. Journal of Urology, 2005, Vol 21, No 4; 261-63.
- Prize Winner MCQ National Surgery Update, AFMC, Pune (1996)
- Progress Session NZ USICON 2005 Prize Winner for “The Evolving Role of Metastasis Suppressor Genes in Prostate Cancer” (2005)
- NZ USICON 2005 Quiz Prize winner (2005)
- Best Original Article award MJAFI for “Urodynamic Management of
Neurogenic Bladder in Spinal Cord Injury: Our Experience” (2009)
Dr. (Col) Rajesh Khanna is an exceptional teacher having taught undergraduate and postgraduate students at prestigious teaching hospitals like AFMC, Pune; ACMS, Delhi and AH(R&R), New Delhi for 16 years.
He believes in spreading awareness about common urological conditions so that people are as informed as possible. Click on the images below to read the popular articles written with his inputs.