The Department of Internal Medicine at Sitaram Bhartia focuses on providing personalized care to patients with complex multi system diseases and conditions such as dyspnoea, fatigue, weight loss and chest pain. Our experienced panel of consultants is skilled in managing patients with a wide range of acute and chronic medical conditions or comorbidities.
We diagnose and treat a spectrum of medical disorders that present to the hospital in Emergency apart from providing extensive care to our hospitalized patients.
Our team of consultants aims to provide the best care for a wide range of medical conditions and disorders such as:
- Infectious diseases like dengue, malaria and other vector-borne diseases
- Acute and chronic respiratory problems including acute infections like pneumonia and swine flu
- Heart diseases like high blood pressure, chronic heart failure and coronary heart diseases (CAD)
- Diabetes, thyroid, PCOD and other hormonal disorders
- Metabolic disorders including osteoporosis
- Geriatric medicine
- Adult immunizations
- Acute and chronic gastric and liver problems
- Anemia and blood disorders – evaluation and treatment
Internal medicine covers a broad and comprehensive spectrum of diseases that affect adults. Learn more about the internal medicine conditions treated at Sitaram Bhartia.
Infectious diseases like dengue, malaria and swine flu are fast emerging viral diseases rampant in urban areas, suburbs and countrysides. The symptoms of such infectious diseases depend on the organism causing it – whether it is a bacteria or a virus. But the common symptoms of such illnesses are fever, fatigue. body ache and coughing.
Acute and chronic respiratory problems
Respiratory illnesses can affect anybody at any age. These include infections like pneumonia and swine flu as well as chronic conditions like COPD which make it difficult to breathe and hence may interfere with daily activities.
Acute and chronic gastric problems
With more and more people leading a stressful and hectic lifestyle, it is common to experience gastric problems with symptoms like upper abdominal pain, bloating and indigestion.
Upper GI Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
Sleep study (Polysomnography)
Pulmonary Function Tests
We also provide 24*7 Emergency services including ICU and Critical Care services like:
- Advanced Invasive and Non-Invasive ventillation
- Dialysis support including Hemodialysis (HD) and Slow Low Efficiency Dialysis (SLED)
- Plasma exchange