Dr. Nivedita Pandey
Dr. Nivedita Pandey
Dr. Nivedita Pandey is a passionate Gastroenterologist, Obesity Specialist and Hepatologist who believes in giving people the care they need without having to go for surgical options. She is also the only female gastroenterologist in South Delhi which makes it possible for women to seek medical help who are embarrassed to go to a male doctor.
Her key interest lies in the following areas –
- Fatty liver
- Women’s Gastroenterology problems
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Chronic Hepatitis B and C
- Liver Transplant – Pre and Post Transplant Care
- Peri-Anal diseases
- Obesity and Gastro-Intestinal problems
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Degree: MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi (2005), Resident (Internal Medicine), SUNY Upstate Medical University, New York (2010), Fellow (Gastroenterology), SUNY Upstate Medical University, New York (2013).
Experience: 5 years
Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 am – 02:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 01:00 pm
For appointments please call us on 011 4211 1111.
Research and Publications
- Pandey N, Herrera HH, Johnson CM, MacCarthy AA, Copeland LA. Preventative care for patients with inflammatory bowel disease in the Veterans Health Administration. Medicine Journal (Baltimore). 2016 Jul;95(27):e4012. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000004012. PMID: 27399081
- Pandey N, Ashfaq SN, Dauterive EW 3rd, MacCarthy AA, Copeland LA. Military Sexual Trauma and Obesity among Women Veterans. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2017 Sep 7. doi:10.1089/jwh.2016.6105. PMID: 28880738
- Pandey N, Gupta AK, Gupta S. Tacrolimus-Associated Jaundice. Am J Ther. 2018 Apr 10. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0000000000000741. PMID: 29672330
- Verma S, Agarwal S, Singh S, Pandey N, Gupta S. “Letter To Editor: Terlipressin is Superior to Noradrenaline in the Management of Acute Kidney Injury in Acute On Chronic Liver Failure”. Hepatology. 2018 Sep 14. doi: 10.1002/hep.30269. PMID: 30216483
- Pandey N, John S. Kayser Fleischer Ring. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2017 Jun-.2017 Nov 7. PMID: 29083643
- Pandey N, John S. Liver Biopsy. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2017 Jun-.2017 Nov 20. PMID: 29262175
- Pandey N, Parkman H. Pseudo Achalasia after Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB), Abstract Presentation at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG), 2012.
- Pandey N, Szyjkowski R. Biomarker Expression in Barrett’s Esophagus Pre and Post Radiofrequency Ablation, Abstract Presentation at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG), 2012.
- Pandey N, Kim M. Mucinous Cystadenocarcinoma of the Appendix, Abstract Presentation at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG), 2014.
- Pandey N, Glidden M. Probiotic provoked D lactic acidosis, Abstract Presentation at the National meeting of the American College of Physicians (ACP) 2010.
- Pandey N, Lazzarini A. Epiploic Appendagitis, Abstract Presentation at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) 2009.
- Abstract: Association of military sexual trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder with obesity in female veterans awarded the most “newsworthy” novel abstract by the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) 2015.
- Resident teacher award for excellence in clinical teaching: SUNY upstate Medical University 2009.
- Selected for clinical training program by the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility society (ANMS) 2012.
- Scholarship-holder: National Scholarship Scheme 1999.
Have A Look At Some Educational Content by Dr. Nivedita
Piles During Pregnancy – How To Cope With Piles When Pregnant?
Piles during pregnancy is a common occurrence, especially in women who are in their third trimester. As per sources, 25% to 35% of pregnant women develop piles or hemorrhoids.
मोटापा के कारण हो सकता है फैटी लिवर – गौर से समझे इस अवस्था को
फैटी लिवर क्रोनिक लिवर के रोगों का प्रमुख कारण है| भारत में लगभग 9 से 32 % लोग इसका शिकार है|
Persistent Stomach Pain Bothering You? Get Yourself Checked For Inflammatory Bowel Disease!
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is a condition that not only affects the gut but has an impact on the overall health of a person. In women, however, it impacts much more than that.