The Pediatric Surgery division at Sitaram Bhartia is led by the former HOD (Pediatric Surgery) at AIIMS, who has over 45 years of total experience. The team comprises assistant surgeons and anaesthetists supported by PICU and NICU facilities.
Our team has expertise in complicated surgeries in children of all ages, and especially pre-term infants.
We offer a range of Planned and Emergency surgeries for the following conditions (but not limited to):
- Tongue Tie
- Cysts & Sinuses
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Undescended Testes
- Penile Disorders
- Post burn contracture
- Posterior urethral valve
- Hydronephrosis (ureteropelvic junction obstruction)
- Skin conditions eg swelling such as lipomas, hemangiomas cysts etc
Emergency Surgeries & Surgical Procedures
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Foreign body (in the windpipe)
- Abscess drainage
- Wound repair
- Chest tube insertion
Neonatal surgeries including
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Abdominal wall defects like gastroschisis, exomphalos
- Spinal defects eg meningo myelocoele
- Tracheo esophageal fistula
- Pyloric stenosis
- Gastrointestinal obstruction eg duodenal atresia, ileal atresia, anal atresia, Hirschprings, meconium ileus and other conditions
We understand that the very thought of getting your child operated makes you anxious. To guide you through this journey and to make it worry free, we have put in place a set of baby-friendly experts and facilities.
Facilities available 24/7
- Pre-anesthetic check up team i.e. there is a dedicated anesthetic team to assess fitness for surgery and counsel parents before the surgery
- Operation Theatre with state of the art equipment suited to child’s age and weight
- Specialised OT Team with skilled nursing staff and technicians specifically trained in baby care
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Lab Support, blood storage and CT facility
- Pediatric Support and pediatric intensivist (equipped to deal with medical and surgical conditions)
We understand the dilemma every parent goes through when considering surgery. We work with you as a team and our recommendations are purely based on the best interests of your child.
We treat the child, not just the report or the disease by considering their age, sensitivity to treatments, any hindrances, psycho-social contexts and your preferences as parents.
We lay emphasis on minimum medical interventions by assessing the impact of every action and intervening only when absolutely necessary.
A child who comes to us for surgery is looked after by the entire team at Sitaram Bhartia. Each of our qualified pediatricians is available round the clock to coordinate with respective pediatric specialists if the need arises.
OPD Timings for Pediatric Surgery
Tuesday: 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
Thursday: 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
Saturday: 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.