Dr. (Prof.) M.C. Misra , formerly the Director, AIIMS from 2013 -2017 and ex-AIIMS, Head of the Department, General Surgery, is known not only for his expertise in laparoscopic and general surgery, but also for his never-ending enthusiasm for teaching, learning and transforming.
He foresaw the need for specialized trauma care early on and established the Apex Trauma Centre at AIIMS.
He has to his credit over 198 original articles in indexed international journals.
Degree: Hon. FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK (2017), D.Sc. (Honoris Causa), Amity University (2016), Hon. FRCS, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasglow, UK (2012), FRCS, Glasglow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons (2005), FAMS, National Academy of Medical Sciences (2005), FACS, American College of Surgeons, M.S. (Mastery of Surgery), General Surgery, University of Allahabad (1979), MBBS, Kanpur university (1975)
Experience: 45 years
Saturday: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Available on weekdays by appointment
Consultation Fees: Rs 1200
For appointments please call us on 011 4211 1111.
- Commonwealth Medical fellowship in 1988 to undergo training in Trauma Care Services
- Dr. B C Roy National Award of the MCI in 1996 for Developing Specialty Of Minimally Invasive surgery in the Country
- Fellowship Of the Royal college of Physician and Surgeons, Glasgow and National Academy Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2005
- Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College Of Surgeons, Glasgow, UK in 2012 and Hon. Doctorate from Amity University in 2016
- In May 2017 he has been conferred with the Honorary Fellowship from the Royal College Of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- Appointed Advisor by the Ministry of Health & FW, Govt of India for Planning, Design and Mentoring AIIMS, Nagpur
- Awarded IMA Eminent Medical Teacher Award for the year 2016