Dr. Nidhi Rawal is a dedicated and experienced pediatric gastroenterologist, who enjoys working with children. Her expertise includes treating recurrent abdominal pain, inflammatory bowel diseases, constipation, poor weight gain, celiac disease and eosinophilic (allergic) disorders of the GI tract. She also has experience in treating gastro conditions in autistic and differently-abled children.
Degree: MBBS (Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi), MD (Pediatrics, USA), DM (Pediatric Gastroenterology, University of Maryland Children’s Hospital, USA), MPH (Johns Hopkins School of Public Health)
Experience: 9 years
Learn more about the speciality by clicking here: Pediatric Gastroenterology
Monday: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Thursday: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Consultation fees: ₹1600
FAQs about Pediatric Gastroenterology
A pediatric gastroenterologist assesses and treats children with common gastrointestinal complaints, such as abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea, poor weight gain and nutritional issues.
If you have noticed poor weight gain in your child, frequent episodes of stomach ache, constipation, you should consult a pediatric gastroenterologist to rule out any gastrointestinal issues.
- Upper GI endoscopy: For foreign bodies removal, toxic ingestions, diagnostic endoscopy and more
- Lower GI endoscopy (Colonoscopy): diagnostic colonoscopy, polypectomy.
- Liver procedures: Liver biopsy
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) placement
24x7 Pediatric Support Available for Emergencies
Feel free to walk into our emergency anytime to get assisted by a qualified pediatrician round the clock. Call us at 011 – 42111197.
- A systematic review on gluten and casein free diets in children with Autism: What do we know? American Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol 108, Suppl 1, October 2013
- Remission of Refractory Celiac Disease With Infliximab in a Pediatric Patient. Published in American College of Gastroenterology Case reports journal.
- Thymic Mass In A Pediatric Patient With Lymphocytic Colitis. Presented at North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition annual conference 2014.
- Treatment options for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in children: A systematic review. Presented at North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition annual conference 2014
- Children With Autism and Feeding Problems Have Significant Endoscopic Findings. May 2010. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy – Gastrointest Endoscop, 01/2010; 71(5)
- Awarded Gold Medal for exceptional performance in Pediatrics, Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital, Delhi
- Best Pediatrics Intern award for Patient Compassion, Brookdale University Hospital, New York, USA
- Senior Resident Teaching Award for contributions towards teaching and learning of Medical students and interns, Brookdale University Hospital, New York, USA.
- Intern of the Year Award, Awarded for distinguished clinical performance as an intern.
- American College of Gastroenterology Presidential Award, for “A systematic review on gluten and casein free diets in Autism: What do we know?” Control ID: 1732084. University of Maryland Children’s Hospital, Maryland, USA.
Dr nidhi rawal
Chose Sitaram Bhartia Over CGHS Benefits
Best Doctor Ever
As a pediatric gastroenterologist who cares deeply for children, Dr Nidhi believes it is important parents are as informed about gastroenterological conditions as possible. Read these articles written with her editorial inputs.