Dr. Sanchayan Roy is a highly personable, skilled critical care and internal medicine specialist.
His key areas of interest are:
- Glycemic control in critically ill patients
- Nutritional support in critically ill patients
- Management of severe ARDS
- Application of ECMO
- Effectivity of HAART in critically ill HIV positive patients
- Acute COPD and its complications
- Management of trauma patients
Degree: MBBS, St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore (1998), DNB (General Medicine), St. Martha’s Hospital, Bangalore (2005)
Experience: 20 years
Specialisation: Internal medicine and critical care
- Management of all medical problems & complications related to respiratory medicine, cardiovascular medicine, gastroenterology, diabetes and endocrine disorder.
- Management of infectious diseases and related complications.
- Comprehensive management of adult critically ill patients.
- Geriatric healthcare and related problems.
- Regenerative medicine with particular focus on diabetes mellitus, cardiomyopathy, acute spinal cord injury and neuro developmental disorders.
IPD services available
- “Asymmetry of the face with reference to the Auricles.” Research granted by: ICMR, 1993.
- “Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) For Amlodipine Overdose: A Life Saving Intervention.” Abstract Presentation in CHEST: Nov 3, 2009.
- “Mortality in severe COPD exacerbation in the Indian setting in the setting of modern critical care – is it any different?” Abstract presentation in ISCCM 2010.
- “Refractory Crisis in Patients with Myasthenia Gravis
- “A Novel Approach.” Abstract presentation in ISCCM 2011.